Chilli prawn linguine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 6
- 280g linguine pasta
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 24 raw king prawns, peeled
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- mixed salad leaves and crusty white bread, to serve
For the lime dressing
- 2 tbsp virtually fat-free fromage frais
- grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- STEP 1
To make the dressing, mix 2 tbsp virtually fat-free fromage frais, the grated zest and juice of 2 limes and 2 tsp golden caster sugar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Cook 280g linguine pasta according to the packet instructions. Add 200g trimmed sugar snap peas for the last minute or so of cooking time.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a wok or big frying pan, toss in 2 finely chopped large garlic cloves and 1 deseeded and finely chopped large red chilli and cook over a fairly gentle heat for about 30 seconds without letting the garlic brown.
- STEP 4
Tip in 24 peeled raw king prawns and cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes until they turn pink.
- STEP 5
Add 12 halved cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until they just start to soften.
- STEP 6
Drain the linguine pasta and sugar snap peas well, then toss into the prawn mixture.
- STEP 7
Tear in a handful of basil leaves, stir, and season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 8
Serve with mixed salad leaves drizzled with the lime dressing, and warm crusty white bread.